How To Apply
Apply for the Spring or Fall Session
- Spring Session: January – May
- Fall Session: August – December
Check that your desired session is open in your location
Minimum 100 hours experience from one or more of the following:
- Volunteer dog walking for a shelter.
- Professional dog walking.
- Employment as a vet tech.
- Employment as a kennel attendant.
- Fostering dogs.
- Pet sitting.
- Assisting in/teaching dog training classes.
- Participation in dog sports.
Everyone at DTIA wants each student to succeed and get the most out of the course. The review committee is looking for three main criteria to determine your fit for the program:
- Experience with dogs
- Experience communicating with people
- Demonstrated motivation to commit to the process of learning about how dogs learn
Fill out the form as thoroughly as possible and contact us with any questions about the application, the process, or the program!
The Application Process
- Apply at any time for your desired session
- Pay the application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- You will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified within 1 week (usually a day or two) if you have been accepted to your desired session
- If accepted, your position will be held for 1 week to give you time to consider your decision
- If you choose to enroll, you may secure your position by completing the program contract and submitting your deposit (payment plans available)