Get A World-Class Education In Pet Dog Training & Behavior Counseling
DTIA provides a thorough foundation in science-based dog training through hands-on experience with real-life behavior modification cases, and individual coaching in both training techniques and client counseling. Fulfill your dreams of becoming a certified dog trainer.
DTIA Facts At A Glance
- 5-month program running two times a year: Spring Session from January through May and Fall Session from August through December.
- Part-time study (approx. 15 hours/week, evenings & Saturday).
- Weekly in-person, real-time guidance in a small group setting.
- Taught in San Francisco Bay Area and Brooklyn, NY
- Combines coaching sessions, video, and lecture.
- Emphasis on ABA and behavior in the context of the environment.
What You Get From DTIA
- A science-based program of advanced study and practice.
- Experience planning, executing, and trouble-shooting behavior modification cases.
- The chance to observe a variety of client consultations, participate in mock consultations, and conduct your own with feedback and guidance.
- Instruction, guidance, and feedback from master trainers.
- Weekly in-person, real-time guidance.
- A Certificate in Training and Behavior Consultation (CTBC).
What The Curriculum Covers
- Dog behavior.
- Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Animal learning and motivation.
- Behavior issues: assessing, managing, modifying.
- Cue training.
- Client consultation techniques.
- Business Basics and career guidance.
- Ethics and best practices.